Total Pageviews

Monday, October 23, 2006

Leaves of Leaves

I vacuumed my lawn yesterday.

I figured out how to attach my leaf catcher to my Honda 3810 lawn tractor and spent 5 hours Sunday picking up leaves. I am so pleased with myself. It took so very long I thought I would never ever get it done, but I did.

Well, done for now. There are still more leaves that have yet to fall to the ground. In fact a whole bunch...But the best thing is, I didn't have to rake them onto a tarp and then drag them into the woods.

It was a lot of work because I live on over an acre of land, but I tell you, it is a great feeling to be on top of this and have something mechanical assist me. I was intimidated about attaching the leaf catcher, but it really wasn't that difficult, once I borrowed a ratchet set from my nice neighbor, Jim, who has all the tools a person could ever want, and more.

I have to buy myself a ratchet set. The wrench that I used at first almost stripped the bolt. The correct tool is important.

No comments: